20 May I don’t believe in Chinese Medicine
I don’t believe in Chinese Medicine
We hear this a lot from men. Men, let’s see if we can change your mind.
85% of our patients are women
We put this down to a few things:
- Women are more proactive with their health. Men (I can say this as I am one) must be half dead before we will seek help. It must be linked to the same genetic code that stops us from ever asking for directions no matter how lost we are.
- Women are more open to alternative approaches to health. We have grown up with Western medicine and (of course) we are aligned to Western medicine, but men seem to have a much greater alignment. Maybe it’s down to our (again, I can say this) need to fix things now! Drugs tend to ‘fix’ symptoms immediately (but it doesn’t treat the root cause of the problem and we usually have to keep taking the drugs to keep the symptoms under control). Surgery is using tools (we love our tools) to fix stuff.
Voodoo or real medicine?
Men, here’s some information that will hopefully move your opinion of Chinese medicine from ‘voodoo’ to something that delivers very tangible health outcomes.
- Acupuncture does not work by stimulating mystical energy meridians. Acupuncture works by stimulating the central nervous system to increase the body’s natural blood flow to specific areas of the body. Good blood flow is good health. Everything your body needs to repair and maintain itself is in your blood. If your blood flow is poor to any muscle or organ it will malfunction leading to pain or poor health. Acupuncturists are not ‘energy doctors’. They are really more like plumbers – there to improve the performance of your circulatory system; and electricians – there to fix your central nervous system wiring so your body does its job to keep you healthy.
- For pain, acupuncture works most of the time. The only time is does not work is when there is a structural issue (like bone sticking into a nerve, ruptured disc or cartilage completely worn away). In these cases surgery is often one of the only treatment options left. If you want to know if acupuncture works, simply come in for one treatment and see for yourself.
- Chinese herbs are medicine. They have naturally occurring chemicals (on which many drugs are based) and functions such as vasodilation (opening up the vessels), astringent (shrinking things like the prostate), cooling (if you are too hot – no engine runs well when it’s too hot), and so on.
- Chinese medicine is one of the largest medical systems in the world used by billions of people. It is also one of the oldest medical systems.
So men, don’t write us off just yet!
If you have a chronic health problem (particularly that your usual healthcare practitioner has not been able to help you with), at least come in for a 15 minute Free Health Breakthrough Consultation. You can talk to us about it and we’ll shoot straight about our ability to help.
So fellas, you don’t have to believe in Chinese medicine for it to work.
You just have to turn up.
*This service is provided free by our practitioners. There are no conditions and no other paid services subsidise these free appointments.