As a private sector health service provider, Emperor’s Acupuncture (EA) is required to comply with the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) of Australia.
To provide you with health care services, we need to collect and use your personal information.
1. What information do we collect?
We collect information from you that is necessary to provide you with health care services.
Often this may include collecting information about your health history, family history, diet, current lifestyle and contact details.
2. How do we use your information?
We only uses your personal information for the purpose you have given the information to us unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented for us to use your information for another purpose;
- we are required or authorised by law to disclose your information for another purpose; or
- the disclosure of your information will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health.
Use among our staff involved in your care
Our staff will share your health information as required to provide your treatment and ongoing care. Your health information will only be disclosed to our staff who are involved in your treatment or administer paperwork and patient records. The confidentiality of your information and your privacy will be protected at all times in accordance with the law.
3. Access to and correction of your health information
You have a right to have access to the health information that we hold in your health record. You can also request an amendment to your health record should you believe that it contains inaccurate information.
Should you wish to obtain access to or request changes to your health record you can ask for our Privacy Officer (see details below) who can give you more detailed information about our access and correction procedure.
4. Data quality and security
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information which we may collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date and is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure
The personal health information we collect and store electronically is managed by a specialist application used widely by allied health professionals.
After electronic storage all hard copies of personal information are destroyed or de-identified.
5. Information we collect from our website
We collect no personal information from the general use of our website.
However, if you make a comment on our blog, complete and submit a contact form or opt-in to any of our mailing list services (ie. quizzes, reports, newsletters, etc…) we will collect the information the you provide to use. We will never provide any of these personal details to any other person or entity.
If you sign up to any mailing list, you can unsubscribe at any time for any reason.
When you use our website, our Internet Service Provider (ISP) will record and log for statistical purposes the following information about your visit:
- the browser you are using.
- your top level name (for example, .com,.gov, .org, .au etc);
- your computer address;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the pages and documents you access during your visit; and
Our web-site management agents may use statistical data collected by our ISP to evaluate the effectiveness of our web-site.
6. If you have a complaint about privacy
- We do not agree to provide you with access to your personal information; or
- you have or a complaint about our information handling practices:
you can lodge a complaint with or contact our Privacy Officer on the details below. If we are unable to resolve your issue, you can lodge a complaint directly with the Australian Information Commissioner.
7. How to contact us
- By email:emperorsacupuncture at gmail.com
- By telephone:99881928