30 Oct Chinese Medicine For Endometriosis
Chinese Medicine for Endometriosis Pain
Endometriosis is where the endometrial tissue grows outside of the uterus causing pain. Pain can be minor or severe, is often triggered by a woman’s period and tends to get worse over time. Adhesions, fibroids and cysts can grow as a result of the irritation caused. Whilst there are a number of Western medical theories for the cause of endometriosis, the actual cause is not known. Chinese medicine for endometriosis symptoms.
Common Symptoms of Endometriosis
- Painful periods – pain and cramping and lower back and abdominal pain.
- Painful sex
- Painful urination
- Excessive bleeding – either during or between periods
- Fatigue and digestive problems
Western Treatments For Endometriosis
- Painkillers – including Ibuprofen and NSAIDs are used to reduce pain but are not a long-term solution.
- Hormone therapy – birth control pills, Gn-Rh, Mirenas and Danzol. The main objective is to influence the natural processes of the body that tend to contribute to or worsen endometriosis symptoms.
- Surgery – to remove as much endometriosis as possible, however it can return. Hysterectomy is a last resort for very painful endometriosis.
Chinese Medicine and Endometriosis
In Chinese medicine terms, endometriosis is caused by poor blood flow to the uterus. Poor blood flow encourages the growth of fibroids and other masses. Acupuncture Melbourne and Chinese herbs are initially used to gently clean out the uterus and adjoining areas and then to nourish and rebuild a healthy uterus and reproductive system. By re-establishing healthy blood flow we aim to alleviate ndometriosis pain.
You can book a Free Health Breakthrough Consultation* to see how we may be able to help you with your endometriosis symptoms.
*This service is provided free by our practitioners. There are no conditions and no other paid services subsidise these free appointments.