Cupping For Colds
If you’ve got a cold, cupping is a great way to help you get rid of it. If you feel a cold coming on, cupping may help.
Cupping uses small glass cups and gentle heat or a pump to create suction. The cups are placed in specific areas of your body creating suction against the skin, which draws blood flow towards the surface through minor damage to the vessels under the skin. The cups are kept on for anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes. Cupping has the following effects on colds:
- The suction of the cup draws blood towards the surface. This increase blood flow substantially and helps boost your immune system to either stop the cold or reduce the severity and length of symptoms.
- Increased blood flow around lymph nodes helps the body get rid of toxins faster.
- The improved blood flow also seems to help break up phlegm and to help reduce coughing.
- Combined with acupuncture and supplements, cupping may help to clear the nose and sinus pain.
Early Cupping Treatment for Colds
If you spot your cold coming on very early, cupping can help prevent it from taking hold and making your feel awful and impacting your life and work. Early signs of a cold are:
- Sudden stiff neck and/or shoulders
- Sore throat
- Start of a runny nose
If you think you have a cold coming on, get down to our clinic for some cupping treatment straight away!