Cosmetic acupuncture is natural and effective alternative to Botox injections.
Botox can work well, but it comes with a range of potential problems.
- Botox is a toxin (the same toxin that causes Botulism).
- Botox injections work by weakening or paralysing certain muscles (basically turning the muscle off) or by blocking nerves. It can leave you somewhat expressionless as a result.
- The injection can be quite painful.
- The effects usually last 3-4 months after which repeat treatments are required to maintain the effect. It is unknown what the long-term health effects of regular Botox injections are.
- Immediate side effects can include pain, headache, stomach ache and flu-like symptoms.
- Common side effects are excessive weakness of facial muscles, excessive elevation of the lateral brow, drooping eyelids, double vision, numbness, pins and needles, excessive tearing, decreased eye closure and also dry eyes.
- In rare cases Botox injections can cause problems with swallowing and breathing.
- If something goes wrong or there is a bad reaction, it can take weeks or even months to get back to normal.
Cosmetic acupuncture (also known as Facial Rejuvenation) is the insertion of extremely fine needles into the skin. This causes some ‘micro-trauma’ which the body has a natural healing response to. The ensuing increase in blood flow to the face along with an increase in natural collagen production is what softens skin, evens out complexion, softens lines and wrinkles and lifts sagging.
- No substances are injected into the face – it is just a needle.
- All that is felt is a little prick of the needle – the acupuncture needles used are very high quality and as fine as a human hair.
- Acupuncture works on any underlying health issues at the same time to address both the facial features and the root cause of the facial feature. It is a natural and progressive therapy.
- Cosmetic acupuncture treatments can be safely used over the very long-term to maintain results with no side effects or adverse impact on health.
To read all about cosmetic acupuncture (also known as facial rejuvenation acupuncture) and how it can leave the skin looking and feeling more vibrant, youthful, and healthy, read this now.