Acupuncture and Chinese herbs are usually the last resort for people who want to stop smoking, but it’s a shame that it’s not the first.
Some Facts About Quitting Smoking
- Nocotine increases dopamine levels in the body. Dopamine makes you feel good, regulates mood and aids sleep.
- Half-life of nicotine in bloodstream is 2 hours so in 72 hours all nicotine is eliminated from the body.
- Cravings will still come but they will only last 5-10 minutes. If you can last the 5-10 mins then you can quit.
How Chinese Medicine Helps You Quit Smoking
Acupuncture substantially increases the body’s natural serotonin levels. Serotonin is another feel good hormone which acts to offset the reduction in dopamine levels from stopping smoking.
Acupuncture and special Chinese herbs also:
- Specifically treat nicotine cravings.
- Increase your willpower to quit.
- Detoxify your liver and lungs (the two organs most directly impacted by smoking).
- Keep you relaxed and feeling good.
The first week is the toughest when quitting smoking. Daily acupuncture and herbs are required to keep your cravings under control and keep you feeling good and strong. You can expect to stay on herbs for a while after the first week to continue to detoxify your lungs and your liver. How much acupuncture is required after the first week depend entirely on how you are feeling. Some people don’t need any. Others need to maintain some acupuncture for a little while.
How much treatment you need and the type of quitting smoking program that will work best for you will depend entirely on your particular situation and the condition of your body.