Are You Looking for Your Start in Chinese Medicine?
Emperor’s Acupuncture is a progressive Chinese Medicine clinic with a focus on helping as many people as possible to improve their health and have a better quality of life. We specialise in pulse diagnosis and we treat patients with acupuncture, Chinese herbs, diet therapy, exercises and a range of other treatment methods.
We are seeking a recently qualified and CMBA registered practitioner (both acupuncture and Chinese herbs) to join our team – initially for two days a week. You will learn all aspects of our method of practising. Our objective is to make you a highly successful practitioner to retain you as a long-term member of our team.
- Chinese herbs
- Dietary advice
- Reception activities as required
- Clinic administration and management as required
- Dispensary work as required
- Marketing engagements as required
Education and Licencing
- have a recognised Australian Chinese medicine qualification in both acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine;
- be currently registered for both acupuncture and Chinese herbs with the Chinese Medicine Registration Board with no restrictions or disciplinary action (current or past); and
- be a member of a recognised association (e.g. AACMA) and qualify for health fund rebates and have the required Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance.
- ready to learn advanced Chinese pulse diagnosis to use this as the basis for diagnosis;
- ready to learn and apply our system of acupuncture (distal and local needling) and Chinese herbal formulas;
- outgoing, personable and confident;
- comfortable with dealing with patients, patient management and selling;
- proficient in English;
- able to work quickly; and
- happy to work as part of a team and learn and apply our approach to practising.
We also greatly value practitioners with previous careers.
Working with the head practitioner you will:
- learn advanced pulse diagnosis;
- learn advanced herbal strategies;
- learn highly effective distal and local needling strategies;
- utilise the comprehensive dispensary and needles we supply;
- operate within a very well located, equipped and modern clinic located in Moonee Ponds.
Terms of Engagement
Whether this is a contractor or employee arrangement will be subject to discussions and what suits both parties. Our objective is to help you grow this into a full-time role.
To apply please supply your resume and a brief statement (under 300 words) on why you are the practitioner we are looking for.
If you would like to discuss the position contact Bruce Stafford at the clinic.
Applications close on 31 March, 2017.